The purpose of the Foundation certification is to measure whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PPP Guide to act as an informed team member of a PPP project.
This certification is aimed at individuals involved in PPP projects, which require a working knowledge of the critical principles of financing PPP projects, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the PPP financing structures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Executive decision makers
- Senior government employees
- Private sector practitioners involved with infrastructure and service delivery
- Finance, economics, legal, procurement, environmental, risk and engineering practitioners.
- Introducing and scoping the PPP concept
- Alternatives for infrastructure finance and procurement
- Types of PPP and nomenclature issues
- Where PPPs are used
- Infrastructure sectors
- Motivations for using PPPs
- Typical structure of a PPP
- How PPPs are financed
- Reasons for project failure
- Introduction to the PPP framework concept
- An overview of the PPP process